OCEAN DECADE LABORATORIES
The Ocean Decade Laboratories are a creative, interactive platform to support action for the Ocean Decade around the globe.
They are a virtual catalyst of action for the Ocean Decade.
Each Laboratory focuses on one of the seven Outcomes of the Ocean Decade. Laboratory participants leverage the opportunity for exchange, collaboration and the creation of sustainable partnerships. It is a self-standing event and encompasses a Core Event that will be complemented by a diverse range of Satellite Activities during a maximum time slot of 48 hours. The Core Event will be hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research in partnership with the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC-UNESCO). Satellite Activities can be proposed by any institution interested in engaging in the Ocean Decade via two Calls for Online Sessions. Both calls will be launched globally to ensure that a diversity of time zones, languages, and regional and local contexts are represented in the Laboratories.
Examples of Satellite Activities could include:
- “pitch sessions” for new Ocean Decade programs or projects that are looking for partners
- announcements of Decade Actions or commitments
- Decade Action design workshops or networking forums – interactive Decade Action “incubation” or “match making” sessions
- skills training via short “Master Classes”
- virtual exhibitions or launch of videos or art initiatives
- competitions or hackathons
In a final virtual Wrap-up taking place at the end of each Laboratory, the outcomes of Satellite Activities and Core Event will be summarized and follow-up actions identified.
Please see more at: https://www.oceandecade-conference.com/en/ocean-decade-laboratories.html
Event image -
Link To Event Page -