7th Meeting of States Parties to the 2001 Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage
According to Article 5 of its Rules of Procedure, the Meeting of States Parties is convened at least once every two years. The seventh session of the Meeting will be organized accordingly from June 20 to 21 2019 at UNESCO’s Headquarters in Paris.
Main topics will encompass, among others:
- Election of members of the Bureau and of the Scientific and Technical Advisory Body (STAB),
- Amendment of the Rules of Procedures of the Meeting of States Parties and the Statutes of the STAB,
- Evaluation of the 2001 Convention,
- Follow up to the recommendation of the Working Group on Governance of the General Conference,
- Designation of Best Practices, and
- NGO evaluation and accreditation.
Event image -
Link To Event Page -