Lost Frontiers and Drowned Landscapes in Britain and Beyond
Organised by Prof Geoff Bailey FSA and Prof Vincent Gaffney FSA
This conference may take place online only.
The exploration of the inundated prehistoric landscapes on our coastal shelves is one of the great challenges remaining to archaeology. In Britain and North West Europe over the last two decades, the results of dedicated research projects, commercial work carried out in preparation for marine infrastructure and community archaeology programmes have transformed our understanding. In May 2021, the Society of Antiquaries and the ERC research project “Europe’s Lost Frontiers” are co-hosting a two-day event to bring researchers together to present the results of new research. Day 1 ( 6 May) will be dedicated to the results of the Europe’s Lost Frontiers project. Day 2 (7 May) will bring together other researchers, focussing on the British Isles and the North Sea but including new research elsewhere.
Attendance by Live Stream:
- Registration is essential.
- Open to anyone to join, Fellows and Non-Fellows.
- Once you have registered we will be in touch regarding how you can join via Zoom video-calling.
- The event will also be live-streamed to YouTube here, so you can watch along if you prefer
- Places through zoom will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- These event will begin at 9.30am GMT.
- You will receive an email with the link to join the seminar the day before.
- Attendees’ cameras and microphones will be off throughout.
Attendance is free but if you wish to support the Society in continuing to deliver our programme online please select the option below with the default donation or add in a value of your choice. Thank you!
If you have any questions please contact our Communications Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Event image -
Link To Event Page -